25 – Josef Stetter – How To Manage Jobs, Work, Employment Through This COVID/CORONA Crisis
Today we are joined by Josef Stetter, the founder of The Celebrate Group. He’s not just a recruiter (with a 90% success rate), but also the author of the best selling book “Canada Congratulations, you are hired!” an award winning speaker and the author of four other books. He holds a Guinness world record as well! Throughout his life, he’s switched careers nine times and switched jobs 17 times! So he knows a thing or two about jobs and people.
The Celebrate Group represents the mindset of going the extra mile for someone, adding new value, and going above and beyond the call of duty. Josef emphasizes that it is necessary to recognize people. The more you are willing to celebrate them, the more success you have. His experience, as well as the statistics, says that in the Top 10 reasons that people leave a job, salary is actually #7. The #1 reason is bad management and bad leadership.
The COVID madness is the opportunity for companies to take advantage and cut the inefficiencies that exist right now. This is exactly the kind of moment we are all facing right now.
So, what can people expect in this COVID uncertainty?
Josef estimates that it will take at least 6 months to 2 years to recover. It’s going to be a huge shift of people being displaced and those who don’t know how to navigate and distinguish themselves as better, different from others, they will find a long uphill battle of re-engagement in the workforce.
How can people prepare now?
Josef shares a model of spending time on job searching, instead of just sending your resume on a thousand addresses. You should also be ready to have a completely new strategy when it comes to writing and placing your resume.
Get ready, because even now there is someone hiring. There is always going to be a need, and new opportunities are always are created. Make a plan to go through a crisis, to supplement your income maybe. Check out the resources that Josef recommends where you can give something extra in the field that you know or are passionate about.
Because there will never be an end of jobs, the demand for jobs and types of jobs are going to change. More of the personal connection jobs are going to arise, demands for a skill are going to change. We need now to be creative, be proactive and have desire for more. If we settle for good enough, we’ll be stuck.
Even the employers are going to change. The smart ones are being proactive on how they can care for their staff. People remember the little things.
At the end of the day the more you connect with your clients, the more you stay in touch with them, the more you give them the value added and insights they didn’t think about or didn’t know, the more they trust you, the more business they give you.
As much as we are all afraid of change, when we take that leap of faith, great things happen!
Listen to the episode wherever you get your podcasts here.
- If you settle for good enough, that’s all you’ll get.
- In the top 10 reasons that people leave a job, salary is actually #7. The #1 reason is bad management and bad leadership.
- One open position will cost a company an average $100,000 – $180,000 dollars per month. (10:25)
- Culture is about recognizing and appreciating people and accepting that they have something to contribute to you.
- People are so afraid of change and this covid virus is going to force people to change. (19:40)
- It will take at least 6 months to 2 years to recover, it’s going to be a huge shift of people being displaced and those who don’t know how to navigate and distinguish themselves as better, different from others, they will find a long uphill battle of reengagement in the workforce.
- There will never be an end of jobs, the demand for jobs and types of jobs are going to change. (44:17)
- **Josef’s list of plenty of great places to work and make an income right now**
- Did You Know – YouTube Video For 2020
- Fiverr – Get Jobs Done Quickly or Get Paid For Your Time
- His Website – The Celebrate Group
- Josef’s LinkedIn Profile
- Canada Congratulations You Are Hired: It was Easier than you thought, a book by Josef Stetter
- Think and Grow Rich, a book by Napoleon Hill
- Jump: Take the Leap of Faith to Achieve Your Life of Abundance, a book by Steve Harvey
If you like this episode, please like share and subscribe!